Honeycomb in Thermomix
Have you made honeycomb in your Thermomix? It’s really easy – it uses the sugar stages of the TM6.
With the sugar stages the Thermomix goes to it’s max heat (you can’t actually set the temperature yourself to this). It’s the only function on your Thermomix where you have to stick exactly to the quantities of ingredients. Normally you can adjust recipes however you’d like to ingredients-wise.
Check out my 11 year old making a batch (please don’t let children make this on their own as it is VERY hot!)
- 1 Tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- 300 g granulated sugar
- 20 g runny honey
or golden syrup
- 1080 g water
- YOU CAN’T THE SUGAR TEMPERATURE YOURSELF, you must use the TM6 recipe but here are the stages
- To guarantee the success of recipes using Sugar Stages mode, the ingredients used must exactly match the quantity and description given. The recipe should also be cooked immediately after placing the sugar with the other ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper then set aside on a heat-resistant surface.
- Measure out 1 Tbsp bicarbonate of soda so ready to add immediately after cooking time ends. Place sugar, honey and 80 g water in mixing bowl then, without measuring cup, start Sugar Stages.
- Avoiding blades, immediately add reserved bicarbonate of soda and quickly stir with spatula until mixture foams up. Transfer immediately to prepared tin and, using spatula, immediately scrape off any mixture left on rim of mixing bowl so mixing bowl lid closes securely for Pre-clean mode.
- Place remaining 1000 g water in mixing bowl and start Pre-clean .
- Leave honeycomb to cool completely to room temperature then break into pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature (see tip) and use as needed.